Named after the British warrior Queen, Fred.Olsen's Boudicca has a loyal following of guests who appreciate a sense of class and timeless elegance not seen or experienced on modern mega-ships. She's quintessentially British in design; smaller (with space for only 880 guests) she offers a welcoming 'country house' atmosphere, yet all the important amenities found on a larger ship are still accounted for - EG bars, restaurants, lounges & swimming pools.
But what we love most about her size is how it allows her to go 'off the beaten path', making port in smaller towns and eye-opening destinations where the hordes can't follow. Below we have featured just three such itineraries spanning the globe.
The Best Of The Norwegian Fjords
12 Night Fly, Cruise & Stay / From $3,899pp / Departs 25th May 2020
A handpicked selection of picturesque ports and breathtaking waterways combine to show you the fjordland at its most mesmerising on this Norwegian adventure. You’ll experience incredible scenic cruising aboard Boudicca and, during time ashore, have opportunities to take exploration to the next level, seeking out wonders hidden deep within the fjords.
- Experience unforgettable scenic cruising – the natural wonders of the size-restricted Nærøyfjord and magnificent Geirangerfjord; Hardangerfjord, ‘Queen of the Fjords’; and Nordfjord await your discovery.
- Take your exploration to the next level ashore too. Ride the Flåmsbana railway from Flåm; seek out glaciers and waterfalls from Olden and Hellesylt; a tour from Eidfjord to marvel at the springtime scenic splendour of Hardangerfjord up-close.
Spices Of India
19 Night Fly, Cruise & Stay / From $4,959pp / Departs 6th Feb 2020
With Boudicca as your guide to exploring the many sides of India, you’ll take in an array of stunning destinations, inspirational sights and authentic experiences showcasing the remarkable diversity of one of the world’s most engrossing countries on this 14-night cruise.
- Stop overnight at Kochi for a chance to see the famous Chinese cantilever fishing nets or even take an overland tour to the iconic Taj Mahal; and spend two days docked at Mormugão, gateway to Old Goa and the UNESCO-listed Latin Quarter, highlighting India’s European-inspired heritage.
- Magnificent Mumbai’s mix of traditional and modern highlights, including the UNESCO-listed Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Railway Station and Dhobi Ghat, await you, while a visit to Porbandar – birthplace of Gandhi – offers a fascinating insight into India’s spiritual importance.
Bali, Burma & Sri Lanka
Encompassing a collection of contrasting destinations, each as wonderfully rewarding as the next, this cruise offers an unforgettable taste of Asia’s remarkable diversity. You can capture the scenic beauty of stunning islands; uncover the modern icons of magnificent cities; and even visit one of the world’s most spectacular spiritual sites, all on one holiday:
- Uncover the untrodden beaches and fauna-rich forests of Bali before even setting sail, then sample a taste of modern Asia in Singapore, where you can explore among towering skyscrapers, stop-by bustling Chinatown and even enjoy high tea at the world-famous Raffles Hotel.
- Fabulous Phuket, where you can relax on the palm-lined beaches or take a boat tour to see the breathtaking scenes of Phang Nga Bay is sure to delight, while an overnight stay at Thilawa, Myanmar affords time to visit Yangon and marvel at the awe-inspiring Shwedagon Pagoda.