I was reflecting on my time in South Africa today and thought it would be valuable to share my highlights and hints…
- Arriving at Sabi Sabi and seeing an elephant right in front of Earth Lodge.
- Seeing all the Big 5 and many more beautiful animals at ease in their natural environment.
- Meeting the wonderful local people; their genuine friendliness was amazing.
- Cape Town – the city has an amazing vibe, it’s beautiful, and great restaurants with awesome food!
- Book ahead for Robben Island, like Alcatraz it can be difficult to get tickets with short notice. Also, the wind picks up in the afternoon so if you get sea sick book the morning ferry!
- Watch your luggage weight – they are very strict.
- Get your tickets for Table Mountain either early morning or late afternoon – the lines get even longer through the middle of the day.
- Invest in a good camera with zoom for the game drives, you do get close to a lot of the animals but believe me, get a good camera, it’s worth it!!!
Any questions about South Africa, where I’ve been, with whom I’m travel etc. email [email protected]
PS. I’m now enjoying South America so be sure to read next weeks newsletter for more Highlights and Hints!